How to improve your freestyle writing skills


I’m often asked that what motivated me to write. How I found myself scribbling into words that sometimes did not even make any sense or how I would randomly pick up my phone and start typing; the muse that I couldn’t afford losing.  

Writing to me is like a way of expression - A feeling you get after indulging yourself into words, where slowly it starts to make just the right sense. Or maybe, writing allows me to fly; freely like a bird, chirping.  Flying into the invisible where I don’t find any limit. A place where I speak and scream but there’s no one to shut me out – it’s that beautiful feeling of being empowered.

Another question I am asked is if I ever feel vulnerable and judged? And honestly, sure I do. It sometimes feel like I’m exposing a part of myself that is just hidden behind a few rhyming rhetorical words, but I strongly believe freedom comes with expression.

Writing is Art. And I kid you not, some people won’t understand art unless they put some part of themselves into exploring it. So mark my words, when you put your heart and soul into a piece of writing, and someone doesn’t find the same sparkle as you wished, those people simply lack the taste of art. Just because someone you want doesn’t appreciate it, doesn’t mean it’s not unique.

Words have the power of moving mountains, I want each and every one of you to remember that. It’s the use of yours words that may make someone’s day, change someone’s perspective about life, or maybe allow someone to look at the world differently. So if you ever think you have the power of writing, I say you take your laptop and let the thoughts flow. You’re your only judge!

Here are three writing advice that may help you develop your freestyle writing skills.

Ask for feedback from professionals

If you’re skeptical whether you should or should not post your writings online, ask someone to read them for you. When a professional reads a piece of writing from a third person’s prospective, he/she will be able to guide you better in terms of improving your write-up. They can help you identify the flaws and provide resources to improve your writing skills. Rectifying your point of errors will boost your confidence and improve your writing abilities.

Read. Read. Read.

To be a good writer, you need to be a good reader. Reading allows you to improve your vocabulary and broadens your imagination horizons. You tend to have better ideas, get inspiration and even learn the writing patterns from the author. I wouldn’t say you have to read specific non-fiction genre to be better at freestyle writing, because I strongly believe any book would do!

Join a writing workshop!

If you are keenly interested in writing, I would highly recommend freestyle writing workshops for students. This grows a room for creativity, and enables you think differently. After meeting different freestyle writers with different thinking patterns, you tend to also adapt to newer patterns that not only make your work unique but helps with writers block!  


Comments

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Burger places in Karachi - 2020

Places to visit in Karachi

The New Quarantine Life